Walking In Another Man's Shoes

Every morning I get up by one of three things; the natural awakening of my body, usually caused by the sun-ray's peeking through the window glass, or maybe it's the some kind of muffled noise stirring me awake. Sometimes I wake up to the less peaceful screams of my phone alarm reminding me I have work or school as I jolt awake to grab as much caffeine as  I can before leaving. Or, I'll wake up with the wind knocked out of me as my Jack Russell- Dachshund mix springs from the ground and onto my abdomen.  Most mornings I eat the same thing. Every morning I get in my car, I'm usually listening to the same CD that's in the busted radio, Bob Dylan Biograph Collection. 

This beat up, ragged, red ford I've been driving for years takes the same roads everyday, whether it's the same route to work or the same route to school and back. My day continues, whether I'm at the gym or on a walk. Watching a documentary or reading my Sam Phillips book. It was during one of these non-exciting, non- existing days that I was thinking about this blog and new directions or ideas to go with it. The idea came to me, "What makes other people tick?", "How can I understand somebody else just a little bit more?".

For me, I function on rock and roll, music, and nature. My mind is constantly running on Beatles facts and my hand usually has a camera in it. Oh, and my dog. I'm a never ending promoter for my dog, Oscar. But I've gotten to know myself over the past twenty-years, and still finding more about myself everyday. With that said, I want to start exploring and understanding other people, understand what excites others in the sense that music gets me.

For the next blog post, I hope to get help from those around me. Nothing extravagant. Just a favorite song, a movie, poem, or artwork that really means something to them, a specific place that has shaped somebody, a hobby, anything to help me understand another human being a little bit more.


My goal is to take all of these suggestions and influences from my peers, and ask them maybe a couple of questions as to why they choose this specific topic or idea to share with me and the meaning behind it to them personally. If you chose to participate, do not over think it!

Help me understand you by reaching out to me via;





Popular Posts